MOROCCO CITY + SAHARA
MOROCCO CITY + SAHARA
AVAILABLE SOON. Please contact us with any questions/concerns.
APRIL 16-21 // TRIP MEETS AND BEGINS IN MARRAKECH
STEP 1: Book your trip! Email us with any questions.
STEP 2: Book your flight to Marrakech. Shoot us an email, WhatsApp, or FB message and we’ll help you find the cheapest and most convenient options.
STEP 3: Meet us in Marrakech! Our guide will pick you up from the airport. Boom. You’re all set for a life changing experience in Northern Africa.
Join us for an unforgettable journey across magical Morocco, from Marrakech to the Sahara Desert and back. Full trip details below.
PAY €229 DEPOSIT ONLINE NOW, PAY REMAINING €100 (CASH ONLY) AT CHECK-IN.
MARRAKECH + SAHARA + MORE // APRIL 16-21, 2019
Time for a new adventure! There truly is no experience comparable to trekking across the northern African nation of Morocco. The culture is absolutely wonderful, the landscape is more diverse than most countries on the planet, and you'll remember the people you meet during this journey for a lifetime.
This 6-day/5-night trip begins in Marrkech, and takes you across a breathtaking landscape to the Sahara desert and back. Visit the villages of the native Berbers, ancient Kasbahs, and the Valley of the Roses. See locations where Game of Thrones and multiple other films have been filmed. Drive along massive gorges and over the snow-capped High Atlas Mountains. Includes camel-trekking across the Merzouga sand dunes, partying like a nomad under the night sky, and sleeping under the stars in luxury tents deep in the Sahara.
+ WHAT'S INCLUDED?
- 6 days and 5 nights in Morocco
- 4 nights hotel accommodation
- 1 night desert camping in comfortable luxury tents
- Airport pick up/drop off in Marrakech
- American trip leader from Frontera for entire duration of trip
- Professional local guides and drivers
- All transportation (private coach or minibus with A/C)
- Hotels with A/C, internet, and all amenities
- All breakfasts
- All dinners (except in Marrakesh)
- Tour Berber nomad villages
- Tour Berber argan oil cooperatives
- Tour ancient monuments throughout trip
- Tour through the Marrakech souk market
- Visit the fortified city of Ait Ben Hadou (from Game of Thrones and other films)
- Camel trekking to our desert camp
- Desert guides
- Berber style party in the desert (fire, drums, dancing)
- Sandboarding on Merzouga dunes
- ATV/quad and dune buggy rides in the Sahara
- Traditional spa experience in Marrakech
+ TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Mystical Marrakech (the famous and bustling Red City)
- Camel riding and sandboarding in the Sahara Desert
- Desert camping in luxury tents under the stars (mattress/pillows/blankets + dining hall + running toilets + electricity + etc.)
- High Atlas Mountains (longest mountain range in Africa)
- Ancient nomad villages
- Party with the Berber nomads (fire, drums, singing, dancing) in the Sahara
- Experience an entirely new culture
- Haggling in the souk markets
- A one-of-a-kind, unforgettable experience
- Optional 4-wheeling/dune buggying, spa experiencies, dinner shows, and more
+ COMPLETE itinerary
NOTE: Subject to minor changes/additions. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding the itinerary.
OFFICIAL ROUTE (in order):
- High Atlas Mountains
- Valley of the Roses
- Dades Gorge
- Sahara Desert and Merzouga sand sea
- Ait Ben Haddou
Tuesday April 16
- Arrive to Marrakech airport and transfer to our Riad (hotel)
- Visit Jemmaa el Fna square, the famous labrynthine souk market, and surrouning gardens and monuments (5min walking from hotel)
- Explore Marrakech at your leisure
Wednesday April 17
- Breakfast the hotel, depart from Marrakech
- Pass through Tizi-n-Tishka road in High Atlas Mountains, the longest and most breathtaking range in Africa
- Lunch in Ouararzazate/Taourirt Kasbah
- Drive through the scenic Valley of the Roses and berber villages
- Night in hotel in the beautiful Dades Gorge
- Group dinner at the hotel
- In the past, we've done drumming, singing, and hookah here as well!
Thursday April 18
- Breakfast at hotel
- Depart for the Sahara Desert
- Arrive to Saharan oasis of Tafilaet, leave your things at our hotel in Merzouga
- Camel trek across the Erg Chebbi sand dunes to our camp
- Climb the highest dunes for breathtaking sunset photo op
- Sandboarding/sunset, time to chill and take in the surroundings
- Spend the night in comfortable Berber nomad tents, authentic drum music, party Moroccan style, and dinner
- The camp has luxury tents with four beds to each tent, a functional toilet, and a large common area for our group dinner and partying
Friday April 19
- Wake up and catch the sunrise (by far the best part of this trip!!)
- Breakfast in camp
- Camel trek back to the hotel to shower/rest/relax
- OPTIONAL: Four-wheeling (quadding) and dune buggies in the Sahara (approx. 40 euro per person)
- Begin our journey to Ait Ben Haddou through the largest valley in Morocco (Draa valley)
- Ait Ben Haddou is inconic for its use in films such as Gladiator and Game of Thrones (it is the city of Yunkai)
- Visit the largest Kasbah in Morocco
- Night at hotel in Ait ben Haddou
- Group dinner and chill time
Saturday April 20
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Journey back through the High Atlas mountains to Marrakech
- Tour of central Marrakech
- Free time to explore Jemmaa el Fna, the souk markets, museums, visit a traditional spa, etc.
- Relax at the hotel/hotel pool/gardens/etc.
- OPTIONAL: Check out a traditional Moroccan dinner and show (horses/guns/dancing/etc., approx. 40 euro)
- Night out in Marrakech
Sunday April 21
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Visit Marrakech’s (“the Red City of Morocco”) most important sites
- Transfer to Marrakech airport depending on your flight time (any time of day is doable)
We will be staying at a different location for each night of our trip. As availabilty fluctuates at these locations, we will know hotel names closer to the departure date. All hotels/riads (traditional Moroccan guest houses) will have modern amenities such as wifi, air conditioning, ensuite bathrooms, comfortable common areas, etc.
+ Night 1 – Marrakech
+ Night 2 – Dades Gorge
• Hotel Le Vieux Chateau
+ Night 3 – Merzouga
• Auberge du Sud
• We will leave our things at the hotel, and trek by camel to our campsite (luxury 4 person tents with beds, functioning toilet, large common area tent)